Companies are spending more money on cloud security than ever before. But despite growing investments in security, unprotected application usage is at an all-time high. Only 22% of enterprise applications are equipped to guard against web-based attacks.
Want to find out why unprotected application usage is increasing and what trends are driving the growing need for cloud security products? The 2020 Intricately Cloud Security Report unpacks these trends and others surrounding the growth of application security.
Our report includes three information-packed chapters:
- Cloud Security Trends
- Top DDoS and WAF Providers
- Cloud Security Buyer Demographics
In our report, we focus on two types of cloud security products responsible for protecting these applications: DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) and WAF (Web Application Firewall).
Modern Threats to Cloud Security
Companies that handle sensitive customer data cannot afford to skimp on cloud security. Cybercriminals are constantly inventing new ways to infiltrate cloud applications, making it a persistent challenge for companies to properly secure their cloud resources.
Every app or infrastructure deployment widens a company’s attack surface area and exposure to cyberattacks. Applications are easier to build and deploy than ever before, which means that the number of exposure points is increasing substantially.
In 2016, applications without protection comprised 84% of total applications. Today, 92% of applications are unprotected. Of the 55.5 million applications Intricately monitors today, only 8% have DDoS or WAF protection.
What You’ll Learn
We analyze application usage data collected by Intricately’s Global Sensor Network to answer questions such as:
- Which trends are driving the growth of DDoS mitigation and WAF products?
- Why is unprotected application usage increasing among enterprises?
- Who are the leading cloud security providers and how do they compare?
- Where are adopters of cloud security solutions located globally?
- Which geographies spend the most on cloud security solutions?
Here’s a snapshot of some of the data we’ve gathered in the report:
- Today, there are more than 783K big data applications and 11.9M analytics applications in use among businesses.
- Neustar is the fourth largest provider of DDoS and WAF business. Who are the top three?
- Which geographical market contains the majority of companies that spend more than $100K monthly on WAF and DDoS products?
Before you dive into the rest of the data, here are some key terms referenced throughout the report:
An application that supports a data analytics use case. Examples include front-end data visualization solutions and end-user analytics that provide insights into end-user behavior experience.
Attack Surface Area
The totality of a company’s digital presence, including applications, cloud and data center points of presence, and products, which an attacker can attempt to compromise.
Big Data Applications
Infrastructure that powers analytics applications. Types of big data applications include data warehouses, data processing toolsets, and machine learning frameworks.
A DDoS (distributed denial-of-service) attack is a cyber attack in which the perpetrator seeks to make a network resource unavailable to its users by disrupting host services connected to the internet. This is usually accomplished by bombarding the network from many sources, overloading the system and halting traffic to the source.
DDoS Mitigation Products
A DDoS mitigation solution protects servers and networks from DDoS attacks.
A web application firewall (WAF) filters, monitors, and blocks HTTP/S traffic to and from a web application.
Intricately monitors the adoption, usage, and spend on 21,000 distinct cloud products and analyzes the digital infrastructure of more than seven million companies worldwide.
Using our proprietary Global Sensor Network, deployed in more than 150 points of presence (PoPs), we provide a comprehensive view into the applications, websites and networks that are being deployed and consumed by your prospects.
Our customers rely on our products to:
- Prospect companies that can use their product immediately
- Identify markets with the largest growth opportunity
- Forecast and plan territories
- Assess performance against competitors
- Prioritize efforts on the most qualified opportunities
- Get a detailed view into a prospect’s spend potential and product usage.
Intricately’s data points power the go-to-market strategy for some of the world’s leading cloud providers. These organizations rely on Intricately to forecast market potential, prioritize ideal-fit companies, and engage prospects at the right time with the right message.
Read our previous market reports here:
Download the 2020 Cloud Security Report Now
Ready to learn more about the state of DDoS and WAF and what it means to your business? Download the 2020 Cloud Security Report today.
And don’t forget to schedule a demo to learn how Intricately can help your team engage more prospects, prioritize opportunities, monitor your competition, and more.