The data center business is in the midst of a substantial transformation. Thanks to the affordability and accessibility of cloud computing infrastructure and SaaS products, any business today can deploy applications and software with a few clicks.
Interested to find out how application deployment strategies are changing across data center, cloud, and hybrid environments? Look no further. Our 2019 Data Center Market Report is here, and it’s packed with insights about the evolution of the global data center market (and where it’s headed).
The report includes:
- Which trends are powering the growth of cloud application hosting
- Which types of hosting environments enterprise, mid-market, SMB, and startup companies prefer
- Who the leading data center providers are and how they compare
- How much money companies spend with the top six data center providers
But before you dive in, let’s review the types of data center delivery models and graphs you’ll find in the report.
Which Data Center Delivery Models Does the Report Cover?
As cloud applications become cheaper, more accessible, and easier to set up, cloud application growth has skyrocketed among businesses of all sizes. In this report, we analyze the growth of cloud infrastructure against other popular types of data center delivery models:
- Cloud: Cloud providers sell remote/virtual computing resources delivered on demand and hosted on top of a cloud computing infrastructure. The largest cloud providers include Alibaba Cloud, AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform.
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS): A SaaS provider licenses software (typically on a subscription basis) that is centrally hosted in a physical data center or the cloud. Examples of SaaS providers include WordPress, Stripe, and Squarespace.
- Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS): A PaaS provider offers a cloud-based platform with additional value-added tooling and automation, allowing customers to develop, run, and manage their applications. Examples of PaaS providers include Cloud Foundry and Heroku.
- Hybrid Cloud: Hybrid cloud providers such as Rackspace, VMware, and EMC offer a mix of on-premises, private cloud, and public cloud services with orchestration between the platforms.
- Data Center: Data center providers like Equinix and CenturyLink sell physical infrastructure to house computer, server and networking systems for businesses.
What Kind of Data Will You Find in the Report?
The Data Center Market Report covers popularity, growth trends, and spend habits across data center, cloud, and hybrid environments. It features more than 10 graphs and 20 pages of analysis to support the latest trends in the data center market.
Here’s a sneak peek of the data you’ll find inside:
- The total number of cloud applications in use around the world surpassed 19 million at the end of 2018.
- The three largest data center providers (CenturyLink, Equinix, and NTT) collectively hold 45% of the application hosting market share.
- Hybrid cloud is the most popular application hosting environment for enterprises. 31% of enterprises (>1,000 employees) use hybrid cloud to deploy applications, compared to only 2% of startups (<10 employees).
- 56% of cloud applications are deployed by startups.
How Does Intricately Collect Data Center Market Data?
Our Global Sensor Network actively maps and monitors the adoption, usage, and spend of cloud infrastructure around the world. We monitor 21,000 distinct cloud products and analyze the digital infrastructure of more than seven million companies.
We have a unique, comprehensive view into how organizations deploy, utilize and invest in digital products, applications, and ecosystems. We’re able to deliver market insights that power the go-to-market strategy for companies like Amazon Web Services, Verizon, Equinix, and Snowflake.
Although we focus on the data center market in this report, we have access to the entire cloud infrastructure space. We collect data on every product from cloud hosting and on-premises hosting to traffic management, app development, data warehousing, and much more.
Check out our previous market reports here:
Download the 2019 Data Center Market Report Now
Ready to dive into the latest data center market trends? Download the Data Center Market Report today.
P.S. If you’re reading this and wondering how you can get a similar report specifically about your company, you’re in the right place. We can provide a custom market share report for your company, market, or industry.
Contact us to schedule an introductory session to discuss your market and opportunities.